New Project Up Soon!
This week we wrapped up a project that has been under construction since April. This moderate renovation to a semi detached home in the beaches was really fun to work on because our clients were great design collaborators. The result is an updated, daylit interior with spacious bedrooms for everyone in the family, a super chic new 2nd floor bathroom, and a big open first floor where everyone can hang out while meal prep happens.
Green highlights for this project include:
- New double glazed fibreglass windows in the rear addition.
- Zero VOC paints throughout.
- FSC certified hardwood flooring with zero VOC finish.
- New recessed LED lighting throughout.
- Skylights (to provide daytime lighting) added in otherwise dark zones.
- Upcycled staircase from 1st to 2nd floor.
- Upcycled feature lighting and furniture.
Check out some photos from the final days of construction below:
Custom tile and glass shower with marble niche and chrome hardware
Volcanic limestone bathtub with wall mount hardware
Existing stair with new white oak treads to match new flooring. Handrail, guard, and risers were freshly painted with Zero VOC paints. Wall along new stair opening below lets light from skylights above down to Basement level. Curved wall to post adds custom detail.
vintage glass shades with custom brass tube fittings were assembled for over the Kitchen island