Senior Designer / Intern Architect
Join the fight against Climate Change by creating low carbon architecture.
The Architect Builders Collaborative Inc. believes that Architects and Designers have a key role to play in the fight against Climate Change by designing beautiful, healthy, low carbon buildings throughout the GTA and southern Ontario. We strive to create and renovate elegant green buildings that nurture the human spirit with a wide range of passionate Clients.
We enjoy a collective studio environment at the Centre for Social Innovation where everyone contributes to the success of the projects and the practice. We are supportive of family life, and creative pursuits and offer an accessible work environment that welcomes diversity.
We are seeking a Senior Designer / Intern Architect who shares our passion for green design and wishes to participate in all aspects of projects and the growth of a thriving practice. You have the ability to manage projects of varying size, lead a team of staff, and communicate well with both your colleagues and our Clients. Canadian experience is essential to be successful in this role.
- A demonstrated commitment to green design
- 8-10 years professional experience in a design, technical, or management role
- A professional degree in Architecture or Design and the potential to be licensed by the OAA or ARIDO
- Particular strength in one of our core areas: Interiors, Adaptive Reuse, Low Carbon design
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to set goals, evaluate performance, and manage multiple projects
- Familiarity with our allied Consulting disciplines
- Interest in training and mentoring junior staff
- A commitment to your own professional growth
- Ease in navigating the OBC and approvals process
- Experience with 3-D BIM software (Archicad or Revit) is beneficial
You will work closely with Clients, Colleagues, and Consultants to consistently deliver high quality design work on a wide range of small to medium scale projects in both the non-profit and private sector.
In addition to bearing primary responsibility for the success of your projects, you will also participate actively in the overall success & direction of the studio as part of the management team.
We believe that our staff are our greatest assets and encourage personal growth and exploration of areas of interest. We offer competitive compensation, generous vacation time, 6 days per year of Paid Personal Time Off, and support for your professional development goals.
We value diversity in our workplace
At The Architect Builders Collaborative, we believe that diversity supports great design. We welcome people of all backgrounds, gender, and abilities who want to help find solutions to climate change through making great green buildings.
Flexible work arrangements including some remote work can be accommodated.
For more information, and to apply for this position, please visit www.tabc.ca/pages/careers
Please no phone call or emails.
Only applications submitted through our website at www.tabc.ca/pages/careers
Fill The Below Form To Apply For Senior Designer / Intern Architect Position
Please visit www.tabc.ca/careers for more job listings.