Senior Designer / Project Leader
Position: Senior Designer / Project Leader
Help create the change that we want to see in our built environment and building practices.
The Architect Builders Collaborative Inc. [TABC] believes that Architects and Designers have a key role to play in building a more inclusive green economy. Our practice focusses on designing beautiful and cost-effective low carbon buildings, the creative adaptive reuse of our older building stock, more accessible homes and workplaces, and socially inclusive spaces. We strive to create and renovate elegant green buildings that nurture the human spirit in collaboration a wide range of passionate Clients.
We are proud to be based at the Regent Park Centre for Social Innovation [CSI]. Our studio culture is supportive of family life and creative pursuits. We offer an accessible work environment that welcomes diversity.
We are currently growing and have an opening for an experienced Senior Designer / Project Lead who shares our passion for green design and social innovation.
To succeed in this role, you must have demonstrated your ability to lead project teams on a range of project types and sizes in the Canadian environment. You are equally comfortable managing staff time to deliver on our commitments and participating in a collaborative design process with your colleagues.
You will benefit from a supportive, safe work environment, encouragement to pursue your own professional development, and participate in the growth & success of the practice.
You will bring:
- A passion and understanding for green design
- 8+ years professional experience in a design, technical, or management role
- A professional degree in Architecture or Design
- A member of the OAA or ARIDO [Interning or Licensed]
- Particular strength in one of our core areas: Interiors, Adaptive Reuse, Low Carbon design
- Experience managing small teams to deliver projects on schedule
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Comfort with managing multiple priorities
- Familiarity with our allied Consulting disciplines
- Interest in training and mentoring junior staff
- A commitment to your own professional growth
- Ease in navigating the OBC and Ontario approvals process
- Experience with 3-D BIM software (Archicad or Revit) is valuable
Your responsibilities will include:
- Developing design concepts and solutions at a range of scales
- Managing the successful completion of projects from programming through construction
- Leading junior staff to achieve the goals of the project and firm
- Communicating regularly with our Clients, Consultants, Authorities, and Builders
- Contributing your perspective and skills to the firm's Management Team
- Assisting with promoting the firm and developing new sources of work
You will benefit from:
- Competitive compensation including base salary, performance bonuses, generous vacations, and Paid Personal Time Off
- Opportunities to work with a range of committed Clients in the non-profit and private sector on a range of project scales
- Support for your professional development and ongoing growth
- Flexible, family-friendly work arrangements
- Being part of a team that support and nurture each other
Please no phone call or emails.
Fill The Below Form To Apply For Senior Designer / Project Leader