Daniel Hall, O.A.A.
- As a licensed Carpenter and Architect, Daniel brings a unique perspective from his 15 years hands-on experience building prior to 19 years and counting in architecture. He has a deep rapport with builders and is adept at drawing on the knowledge and skills of the tradespeople that will be building your new premises.
- Like all of the team at TABC, Daniel is passionate about green design. He will advise you on the best approaches, materials, and decisions to ensure that your finished offices are healthy, welcoming spaces, keeping in mind the impact on budget and schedule.
Senior Design Associate
M.R.A.I.C., Professor Emeritus
- Fred Thompson has designed a wide variety of buildings and taught student s of architecture on 4 continents. His portfolio of built works include: Offices, Medical clinics, Bakery and Restaurants, Apartment buildings, single family housing, and a Japanese Temple.
- Over the course of his 40 year career, Fred has designed buildings in Canada, Sweden, Finland, England, Australia, Thailand, and Japan. Many of his local projects have involved the restoration and adaptative re-use of century old masonry buildings. His innovative work in the village of Elora provided a new tourist destination with the creation of the boardwalk along the Grand River gorge. By excavating the old foundations of the Mill street buildings, a entire new stretch of retail and commercial spaces were created with unique access from the boardwalk.
Salvador Altamirano, B.Arch.
- With a combination of over 12 years of experience in architectural design in Canada and Mexico. Salvador's design skills, construction knowledge, project experience, and aesthetic sensibility will ensure that your project will meet all your needs in the most efficient and cost-effective way.
- Salvador has worked on many residential, commercial, and healthcare projects. He has experience working in office interior projects including some highly visible designs for BBVA Bancomer bank in Mexico, the Ontario Association of Architects Head Office retrofit and interior offices renovation, and the Japanese Cultural Centre exhibition hall among others.
Senior Architectural Designer
Marwa Refaat, B.Arch, M.Arch
- Marwa brings over 15 years of progressive experience in architectural design to our team. She has designed, managed, and implemented a variety of buildings and also taught Architecture students in various countries in the Middle East and Africa
- Her portfolio of built work includes Cultural, Residential, Offices, Religious, and Commercial projects with a focus on adaptive re-use and rehabilitation of heritage buildings.
- Marwa believes that green design is an essential component of making liveable spaces that contribute positively to our environment
Greg Papp, B.A., B. Arch [Tech]
- Greg has worked as a Technologist with TABC Inc since 2012. In addition to his technical assistance with the preparation of construction documents, Greg is heading up the team that offers audits and design assistance with retro-fitting existing buildings to be more accessible.
- As a member of the Standards Development Committee For the Built Environment and the subsequent Technical Advisory Committee, Greg helped establish the principles and regulations that will usher in a more inclusive barrier free Ontario over the next few years. He draws on insights gained from his committee work, and his own experiences, to transcend the minimum barrier-free requirements when addressing accessibility challenges in our designs.